Labels

Monday 31 August 2015

Fresh as a Daisy







This is another lovely card that I made recently for the staff at my grandson's nursery.  I dug out some stamps that I've had in my stash for years, Daisy Daydreams by Kay Karley.  I thought the simplistic style of these stamps would suit a card given by a toddler.  I chose bright, summery colours of Brilliance Inks - yellow and lime green - on Centura Pearl card to give the design a fresh look.  I stamped a daisy border around the edges of the base card using lime green ink and heat embossed    with clear powder.  I added icicle Stickles to the daisies.   I then took another piece of Centura Pearl card and stamped it all over with the daisy background stamp, and heat embossed as before.  This time I painted the daisies yellow with diluted ink, and added Stickles to the centres.  I die cut the panel and blended ink around the edges.  I coloured another piece of card with green ink and die cut it slightly larger than the background panel.  I then matted and layered them onto the base card.  On another piece of white card I stamped 3 butterflies, 2 small and 1 large, and heat embossed them.  I then painted them with diluted inks and added Stickles as before.  Next I stamped some individual daisies and a sentiment and heat embossed as before.  I painted the larger daisy and added Stickles to all the flower centres, then fussy cut all the embellishments.  I shaped them all with a ball tool and attached them with dimensional glue.   A lovely design that will make a good worker card, suitable for all ages and occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment