Labels

Friday 4 September 2015

Moonlit Paradise










This is a lovely card that I made recently for a friend's daughter.  I love these stamps and the two-tone paints that I used, they give the work a bit of opulence.  I wanted to design something a bit special as it's for a milestone birthday.  I have used stamps by Sheena Douglass from her 'Laguna Bay' collection.  The paints are Pebeo Dyna paints, I also used Chipped Sapphire DI, and an Embossalicious embossing folder.  The base card is a white 8"x8" card which I edged with the DI.  The focal panel is a piece of navy card onto which I have stamped an Orchid corner image in onyx black Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder.  I painted the images in greens and blues.  On another piece  of navy card I stamped the humming bird and hibiscus flowers and heat embossed them.  I painted the images in different colours and added silver to all the images as a highlight.  I then fussy cut the humming bird and hibiscus flowers.  I embossed a piece of Centura pearl card in the folder through a machine.  I cut a large circle and added glitter to the raised cloud pattern, then edged it with the DI, to make a moon.  I then attached the moon to the centre of the focal panel and attached that to the base card.  I attached the bird and flowers to the card with dimensional glue.  I painted another piece of navy card with blue Dyna paint, then die cut the sentiment.  I die cut the name and numbers from white card and glittered them, then attached everything to the card.  I really love this design, it could be done in any colour scheme for any occasion.   







No comments:

Post a Comment