Labels

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Fishing with Daddy








This is a lovely card I made recently for a family birthday, my youngest grandchild gave it to his daddy.  I have had the focal image stamp so long that the company name has worn off!  I find it so useful for both card making and scrapbooking alike.  So as well as the image of the boy I used a Sheena Douglass embossing folder from the 'Little Bit Oriental' collection, and coloured the project with pearly acrylic paints and Pro Marker pens.  I started with a piece of white card and used some sponges to blend the pearly acrylic paint all over.  When it was dry I blended Black Soot DI around the edges.  I then embossed the panel in the folder through a machine.  I then matted the background panel onto black card.  On another piece of white card I stamped the image of the boy in black ink and heat embossed with black powder.  I then coloured him with Pro Markers and fussy cut the image.  I added clear glaze to the jam jar to give it the look of glass.  I used a white gel pen for the highlights on the boots.  I made a tag using the same paints as the background, stamped some hand and foot prints in blue ink and matted it onto black card.  I used alphabet dies for the sentiment cut out of the same card, and edged the letters in black ink.  I punched some 'beasties' out of pearly paper and added all the embellishments with dimensional glue.  I added some buttons and ribbon to the tag then attached that with dimensional glue as well.  I wanted to create a naive, simple card for a child to give to a parent, but I think this design would suit a card FOR a child as well, and cover lots of occasions too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment