Labels

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Rainy Day Card






This is a card I made a while ago for a friend in need of cheering up.  It was the first time I had used any of these stamps, they are from different designers but I knew they'd go together.  the stamps used are Water Effects from Designs by Ryn, and Through the Rain by Sheena Douglass.   I wanted to use a stormy colour scheme with a bit of warmth in it, so I used Distress Inks Dusty Concord, Broken China and Weathered Wood.  I also used a Brilliance ink - Platinum Planet.  I created the main focal panel first, taking a piece of smooth white card and blending the DI's onto it.  I stamped the raindrops image randomly over the panel in Weathered Wood, and two of the Water Effects images in black Versafine ink.  Using a paintbrush and water I faux bleached the Water Effects images, and when they were dry I applied Glossy Accents glaze.  Using Black Soot DI I edged the panel which made the other colours pop.  I then die cut two pieces of navy card as my base card.  I stamped the raindrops around the edges of one piece which will be the card front, and blended ink around the outside edges.  I used the Brilliance ink for this.  Next I stamped a sentiment onto a piece of acetate in black ink and heat embossed it with black powder.  I wrapped the acetate around the the focal panel and secured it with double sided tape.  I took some coordinating ribbon and attached it to the acetate with tape.  I then layered the panel onto the card front.  I scored the other piece of navy card about 2cm from the top and attached it to the back of the card front with tape, making a hinge.  I really like this design it's perfect as a 'cheer up' card, or a get well card,and it's good for male or female cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment