Labels

Saturday 17 January 2015

A Tickety-Boo Birthday








This is another card using the beautiful papers from the Vintage Christmas Collection CD Rom by Crafters Companion, this time I have used them for a lovely vintage - shabby- chic birthday card!  I intend to enter it into the Crafters Companion monthly challenge -https://www.facebook.com/CraftersCompanion.   I also used some lovely Sheena Douglass stamps; 'Ageing Beautifully' and 'I Say' sets, and some  Distress Inks - Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw, and Vintage Photo.  I think the  papers and the inks match and coordinate perfectly.  The base card is cream hammered card, I stamped a crackle image around the edges of the card  using Vintage Photo ink then added some ink blot and splodges randomly over the crackles.  I blended ink along the very edge of the card to complete the distressed look.  I took a bright tartan paper and cut it to size, then inked around the edges.   The central panel is a piece of smooth white card onto which I blended the yellow and orange DI's.  When dry I sprinkled drops of water over it and blotted them, creating a faux bleached effect.  I then stamped randomly over the panel with the ink blots and splodges, placing a few over the faux bleached spots, and added a couple of phrases.  I finished the panel by inking around the edges.  I matted the tartan panel onto dark card and layered it onto the base card.  I cut a strip of contrasting tartan paper and inked the edges, then wrapped it around the central panel, as a ribbon.  I then attached the panel to the card.  The flower and bow embellishments are also from the CD Rom, cut out and edged with ink, then assembled.   The sentiment panel was stamped and heat embossed onto white card, die cut and embossed, then I blended inks all over to colour it.  I faux bleached and overstamped  as before, and edged the panel with ink.  I added glitter to the centres of the flowers, and attached all the embellishments and the sentiment panel to the card.  I love this CD Rom it's so versatile and doesn't just  have to be for Christmas.  I also love making Vintage style projects and cards, and I shall enjoy exploring more designs with these papers.  

1 comment:

  1. Love this....beautiful. The words are excellent. :) xx

    ReplyDelete