Labels

Friday 30 January 2015

Love Is Blue







I made this card as an anniversary card for my husband and I am really pleased with the result.  The design started with the backing paper which I love.  I printed it out a while ago - then it got lost amongst my crafty stash!  I found it again recently and knew it was just what I wanted for this card.  I basically designed the artwork around the paper, choosing a complimentary colour scheme.  The paper was printed from the Artylicious Essence of Nature CD Rom, and the stamps are from the Fluttering Hearts set by Chocolate Baroque.  The sentiment  is from the Celebrations Greetings set and I used a text stamp from the Mini Scripts set from CB.  The base card is plain white onto which I sprayed some Cosmic Shimmer mister in two colours of blue.  When dry I stamped the text image around the edges of the card making a border, using Black Soot Distress ink, then blended the ink along the very edges.  I also blended the ink around the edges of the backing paper, and stamped a sentiment centrally at the top and bottom of the panel.  I cut a piece of black card to size and embossed it using a folder in a machine.  I rubbed gilding wax over the raised pattern and polished it up.  I matted the printed panel onto the embossed one, then layered it onto the base card.  I stamped a butterfly heart image onto acetate and heat embossed it with black powder.  I then added glitter to the reverse of the image in colours that coordinate with the backing paper.  I stamped a small heart button image repeatedly onto smooth white card and heat embossed it in black, then painted the images with  the shimmer mists.  I cut them out and glazed them with Glossy Accents.  I sprayed another piece of card with the blue shimmer mists then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in black onto the card.  Next I cut the sentiment out as a small panel and layered it onto black card.   I cut the glittered main image and attached it to the front of the card with dimensional glue.  I attached the glazed hearts and the sentiment in the same way.  To finish I added some small punched hearts made from the paper used to protect surfaces when I was spraying the base card.       

1 comment:

  1. Love is definitely Blue .... wow, stunning in colour and design xx

    ReplyDelete