Labels

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Contemporary Christmas Canvass








This is another entry to the Chocolate Baroque challenge  http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/, a canvass this time.   The stamps used are from CB Christmas Flourish set; the inks used are Brilliance Pearlescent Jade and Purple and Versafine Blue Lagoon.  I made the colours for the background by mixing acrylic paints titanium white, phthalo blue and rose madder. I also used texture paste, sparkle paste, Starry Night stickles;Treasure Silver gilding wax; Midnight Teal Obsidian embossing powder; ribbons; papers from the Artylicious CD Rom; gems.  The canvass was already coated with gesso, so I added some texture paste through a stencil and left it to dry.  I mixed some pink paint and started in  a top corner, adding more red to deepen the shade and blue to graduate into purple, making it really dark  as it gets to the other side.  When the canvass was dry I mixed some more paint and stamped a corner image in the top and bottom corners on one side.  I then stamped a tree image 3 times along the bottom of the canvass in Jade ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder to help define them and add texture.  I rubbed silver gilding wax over the texture paste  area, then added Cosmic Shimmer Silver Pearl sparkle paste through the same stencil.  While that was drying I stamped the large holly swirl image from the set onto heat resistant acetate, using Versafine ink and then heat embossed it with coloured powder.  I added stickles to the berries on all the holly swirl images, and tiny gems on top.  I put larger gems on the tree tops, and cut out the embossed image from the acetate.  I stamped some Christmas text randomly over the canvass in jade ink, then I wrapped strips of ribbon, lace and fibre around the canvass, securing them with double sided tape.  Next I used dimensional glue to attach the acetate topper to the ribbons.  I die cut some flowers of various sizes out of papers from the Season's Greetings CD rom, edged the petals with purple ink, then layered them up.  I attached the flowers to the canvass with dimensional glue and added gems to their centres.  A Christmas canvass in contemporary colours that I really enjoyed making!    




4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful canvas, I love all the glitter and textures. The effect of the holly flourish on top is amazing, it looks like you've cut it out very close to the image (as I can't see the acetate in the photo). Thanks for joining us again in the fun at Chocolate Baroque's Colour Challenge, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super glittery, textured canvas Penny. I did wonder how you had managed to create the holly spray, and the acetate answered my question! Very neat cutting out as Shirley says. A fabulous creation for your second entry into the Chocolate Baroque challenge, thanks for sharing, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful project Penny. Sorry for the late visit. I loved this the first time I saw it on FB. So unique and creative. The combo of colors and embellishments are fabulous. Thank you for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color Challenge again.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card,Thanks for sharing with us at Chocolate Baroque.xxx

    ReplyDelete