This is a design I created for a colour challenge with Chocolate Baroque, using their stamps. The challenge is to create a piece of artwork using specific colours chosen by the CB design team. Full details can be found at http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/. I used Distress inks :- Squeezed Lemonade, Shabby Shutters, Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Weathered Wood, and Festive Berries. I also used Blue Lagoon Versafine ink, Tannebaum gold green and Midnight Teal Obsidian embossing powders, Sunflower, Midnight and Turquoise glitters and Buttercup H2O paint. The stamps I used were from two CB sets:- Peacock Parade and Thistle Butterfly. The base card is white smooth card, I stamped a peacock feather image around the edges of the base card with Squeezed Lemonade ink, then I blended some ink around the very edges. Next I created the background panel. On a piece of white card I blended the three blue DI's with Squeezed Lemonade. I then took a large petal image, spritzed it with water, then stamped it randomly over the background. I blotted the images with a paper towel, creating a faux bleaching effect. I then took the same image and over-stamped the bleached images with Broken China ink, slightly off setting the inked images. I took the same border image and stamped it around the edges of the card in Blue Lagoon Versafine ink, then heat embossed it with the green embossing powder. I then stamped a delicate grass image in Red Berries ink, repeating the image several times using first and second generation ink, at the top and bottom of the panel. Next I over-stamped the images with the same stamp but this time using Buttercup H2O paint, I also used the paint as highlights on the embossed border around the panel. I finished the panel by blending Festive Berries ink around the very edges. The main focal panel is a beautiful Peacock which I stamped on to acetate using Blue Lagoon ink, then heat embossed it in Midnight Teal Obsidian powder. I then turned the acetate over and added the glitters on the reverse side: turquoise and midnight to the body of the Peacock, sunflower to the ends of the tail feathers, to mirror the border around the background panel. I then cut around the peacock image, and added a small piece of white card to the back of the Peacock's body to let the glitter show through in it's true colours. I then matted and layered the background panel on to red card and then on to the base card. I attached the Peacock to the panel using dimensional glue, I am really pleased with the result, I would never have put these colours together normally but I won't be afraid to try something different and unusual in the future!