Labels

Sunday 10 August 2014

Peacock Sparkle








This is a design I created for a colour challenge with Chocolate Baroque, using their stamps.  The challenge is to create a piece of artwork using specific colours chosen by the CB design team.  Full details can be found at  http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/.  I used Distress inks :- Squeezed Lemonade, Shabby Shutters, Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Weathered Wood, and Festive Berries.  I also used Blue Lagoon Versafine ink, Tannebaum gold green and Midnight Teal Obsidian embossing powders, Sunflower, Midnight and Turquoise glitters and Buttercup H2O paint.  The stamps I used were from two CB sets:- Peacock Parade and Thistle Butterfly.  The base card is white smooth card, I stamped a peacock feather image around the edges of the base card with Squeezed Lemonade ink,  then I blended some ink around the very edges.  Next I created the background panel.  On a piece of white card I blended the three blue DI's with Squeezed Lemonade.  I then took a large petal image, spritzed it with water, then stamped it randomly over the background.  I blotted the images with a paper towel, creating a faux bleaching effect.  I then took the same image and over-stamped the bleached images with Broken China ink, slightly off setting the inked images.  I took the same border image and stamped it around the edges of the card in Blue Lagoon Versafine ink, then heat embossed it with the green embossing powder.  I then stamped a delicate grass image in Red Berries ink, repeating the image several times using first and second generation ink, at the top and bottom of the panel.  Next I over-stamped the images with the same stamp but this time using Buttercup H2O paint, I also used the paint as highlights on the embossed border around the panel.  I finished the panel by blending Festive Berries ink around the very edges. The main focal panel is a beautiful Peacock which I stamped on to acetate using Blue Lagoon ink, then heat embossed it in Midnight Teal Obsidian powder.  I then turned the acetate over and added  the glitters on the reverse side: turquoise and midnight to the body of the Peacock, sunflower to the ends of the tail feathers, to mirror the border around the background panel.  I then cut around the peacock image, and added a small  piece of white card to the back of the Peacock's body to let the glitter show through in it's true colours.  I then matted and layered the background panel on to red card and then on to the base card.  I attached the Peacock to the panel using dimensional glue,  I am really pleased with the result, I would never have put these colours together normally but I won't be afraid to try something different and unusual in the future! 

4 comments:

  1. Your peacock looks amazing !!! Great background and colours I love it!!

    Greetings
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design Penny. Truly beautiful. Love the bleaching effects and the Peacock looks amazing on the acetate. Really enjoyed reading how you made your project. Thank you for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color Challenge.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penny, it was so interesting to read your step by step for this project. It is a really beautiful card. Thanks for entering the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Penny beautiful design, the background is fantastic with the glittery Peacock. Excellent work with the repeat stamping! Thanks for joining us in the fun at the Chocolate Baroque colour challenge, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete