Sunday, 24 August 2014

Eastern Tag Card

This is a card that I have designed as my first entry to the latest Chocolate Baroque Challenge, using their chosen colour swatch.  I love these colours and they go together really well, although I don't think I've used them all together before.  The inks I've used are:- Tea Dye, Brushed Corduroy and Rusty Hinge, Weathered Wood DI's; Sienna Ancient Page, Stonewashed Adirondak, and Moonlight White Brilliance Inks.  The stamps used are from CB Eastern Grasses.  I also used a Cuttlebug embossing folder - Oriental Screen, some fibres and ribbon, acetate, glitters and white embossing powder. The base card is white textured card.  Using a blending tool I added some Brushed Corduroy around the edges of the card.  The background panel is a piece of blue card on to which I stamped a small grass image in Sienna ink and a small bamboo leaf image in Stonewashed ink in a random pattern.  I also stamped the same images in Moonlight White ink.   I then embossed the panel in the folder through a machine, giving it texture.  I made the tag from a piece of smooth white stamping card on to which I blended several inks, Weathered Wood and Stonewashed towards the top of the tag, Brushed Corduroy and Rusty Hinge towards the bottom and then all round the edges.  I then stamped the same small leaf images as I used on the background panel on to the tag in Rusty Hinge and Stonewashed inks.  I stamped in first and second generation ink to give the illusion of grasses in a field. I stamped a sentiment in the bottom corner of the tag in Moonlight White ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  I then took a piece of heat resistant acetate and stamped an image of Eastern Grasses panel on to it in Moonlight White ink, and heat embossed it in white embossing powder.  Then I added some glitter as highlights.  I trimmed the acetate to size, with the embossed panel in the centre of a strip.  I put strips of extra strong double sided tape down each side of the tag and wrapped the acetate around the tag to form a dome effect.  I added ribbon and fibres in coordinating colours.  I matted the background panel on to pearlescent card then layered it on to the base card.  I then attached the tag with dimensional glue.  I used a foliage die to cut some sprigs from the blue card which I then tinted with Rusty Hinge and Moonlight White inks, then added them to the card.  I am really pleased with this result, and I think this design is a good 'worker' design, it would be suitable for many occasions, many age groups and both sexes.  


  1. Stunning project. Love how you have used the acetate. Fab photo. Thank you for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color Challenge.
    Flo xx

  2. Gorgeous design, I love the elegant vintage feel and combination of textures, images and die cuts. Thanks for joining us at Chocolate Baroque's colour challenge. Shirleyxx

  3. Great combination of textures and layers. The colours and blend of inks look fabulous on your card. The domed acetate is a great addition. Thanks for entering the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx