Labels

Sunday 15 March 2020

Golden Birdsong



Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I have a simple but pretty card to share with you today, it was one of my DT samples.  I have used Chocolate Baroque stamps from the Doodle Birds, Edgy Edges, and Rustic Fragments sets; Distress Oxide inks, Versafine Clair inks, Versamark ink, gold EP and a gold pen. 



I took a white base card and stamped a couple of images randomly in second generation ink.  I then stamped a textured image randomly over the card using first and second generation ink.  



On another piece of white card I stamped the border image twice then trimmed the card around each image to create two panels.  I then stamped and embossed a bird on each panel in gold.  I edged each panel with a gold pen and attached the panels to the card.    



On a spare piece of white card I stamped and embossed one of the butterfly images in gold, cut it out and painted it with DO inks.  I then attached the butterfly to the center of the card with 3D gel.  






This is quite a simple design from me but I loved creating it!  The colour mix of blue tones and gold is classy and bright, and I think this design is suitable for any occasion and recipient.
Thank you for dropping in today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and perhaps been inspired.  Feel free to visit my blog again anytime, I look forward to seeing you again soon  :)

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Penny, beautifully designed and coloured. So much interest on the background and the golden birds are fabulous. Hoping all is well with you and yours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you so much for your kind comment :) I am fine and I really hope you are too. Take care and stay well xx

      Delete