Labels

Sunday 12 January 2020

Imagine What Lies Beneath



Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I have another of my Chocolate Baroque samples to share with you today, featuring the lovely Steampunk stamps from the shows last month.  For this card I have used stamps from the Steampunk Funky Fish and Steampunk Sea World sets, Distress Oxide inks, black Versafine ink, clear EP, pearlescent ink sprays, metalic acrylic paints, a white pen and an embossing folder from my stash.



I began this project by creating the background.  I took a piece of white card and spayed it with a couple of pearlscent inks and left it to dry.  I then embossed the panel in a folder from my stash, I thought the swirling pattern represented the underwater currents of the ocean.  I then blended DO ink around the edges and matted the panel onto black card.  




I took a white base card and stamped around the edges with one of the large images using DO ink then attached the panel to the card.  



I stamped some fish and a sea creature image onto black card using black Versafine, and embossed them with clear EP.  I coloured the images with metalic acrylic paints and added white pen as highlights before cutting them out.  
  


I shaped all the images with a ball tool before attaching them to the card with 3D gel.  I took a spare piece of white card and stamped a sentiment in black ink and embossed it with clear EP.  I blended a little ink around the edges of the panel then attached it to the card.
  




I had a ball creating this card, I love the little mechanical fishes and creature!  I love the textures that I've created too.  I think this is a cheerful little card that would suit all sorts of occasions and recipients of all ages.
Thank you for stopping by today I hope you've enjoyed this post.  Feel free to take a look at my other work on this site, and I'd love it if you left me a comment!  Hope you'll visit again soon  :)   

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I love the background with the swirls and the fishes and magical beast are funky and fun. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete