Labels

Wednesday 14 February 2018

Joy is in the Air



Hi and welcome to my blog  :)  Today I have one of my Chocolate Baroque samples from the floral shows last month to share with you today.  I have used the lovely Bird of Joy stamp, the Useful Leaves stencil, and alcohol pens.



I began this project with a piece of white stamping card and stamped the bird and word images using grey Versafine ink.  I then coloured the image with alcohol pens.  I used colours that are similar to a Peacock.  



I coloured the flowers in a coordinating colour, and I added a shadow line around both the bird and words in a pale colour.




I added some foliage by stencilling leaves around the focal image using Distress Inks.  



I blended some Distress Ink around the edges of the panel and matted it onto black card.  I stamped a swirl image from the Patchwork Butterfly stamp set in opposite corners of a white base card, then blended the ink around the edges as before.  I then attached the focal panel to the base card.

  

I love this card, I always feel that the combination of blue, yellow and green is so cheerful and fresh.  This card would suit a whole range of occasions and any recipient.
Thank you very much for visiting my blog, I hope you've enjoyed this post and that you'll come back again soon  :)  


2 comments:

  1. Hello! I hope January treated you well as mine really sucked. I miss creating cards and hope to get back to it soon. Now..Love your card with the brilliant colours of the bird and the flowers. It just sets everything right especially with those words of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thank you very much for your kind words. I'm sorry you had a bad January hun, I really hope February is being nicer to you :) xxx

      Delete