Labels

Thursday 29 December 2016

Vintage Valentine



Hi there and welcome to my blog.  Today I am sharing another '15 minute card' with you.  This is appearing on the CBDT blog from today.  I have used stamps from the CB set Punky Hearts and a sentiment from an old CB words set.  I have also used Distress Inks - Mustard Seed, Vintage Photo, Festive Berries and Tea Dye; Sepia Versafine ink;  Copper embossing powder.



I started by creating a background panel using white card, and blended the DI's all over.  I then stamped a heart image onto another piece of white card and heat embossed with the Copper powder.  I cut the heart out, and coloured it in red using a DI, water and a brush.  I coloured the fixings with a gold pen.  



Next I went back to my background panel and blended Walnut Stain DI around the edges.  I then stamped some distressed hearts randomly all over and attached the heart with dimensional glue.  I added a sentiment and attached the panel to the base card.
 




I really enjoyed making this quick card, not least because it features one of my favourite Steampunk stamps.  I wanted to create a design that would suit a man or a woman, so I used warm vintage colours, but I think it would look good in bright bold colours too.  And it's not just a Valentines card, it could be a birthday or miss you card too.  Thank you for popping by today, I'd like to wish you all a Happy New Year and I hope you'll visit again soon  :)  

1 comment:

  1. Love the hot colours used...the background is great and the hearts jump off the page especially the big one.

    ReplyDelete