Labels

Sunday 21 February 2016

Summer's Bounty









I was so pleased when Chocolate Baroque announced their new challenge this week - I just LOVE the colours!  This is my first entry to the CB Challenge #20  http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/.  I have used CB stamp sets:- Mellow Fruitfulness, Tangled Peacock, Punky Hearts and Words of Inspiration.  I used Aqua tints and Distress Inks to colour, gold texture paste, an embossing folder and a stencil.  
On a piece of white card I blended three DI's - Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, and Abandoned Coral.  When it was dry I used water on a peacock feather stamp to faux bleach the image randomly .  over the panel.  I then dried it with a heat gun, and over stamped the same image in Abandoned Coral ink.  I stamped a sentiment in second generation Vintage Photo DI randomly over the panel, and blended the ink around the edges.  Next I spread the gold texture paste through a stencil in a few places on the panel, and set aside to dry.   On a larger panel of Kraft card I stamped distressed hearts in Vintage Photo at the edges to create a border, blended the ink along the very edges, then embossed it in a folder through a machine to add texture.  I matted the background panel onto dark card with a narrow border, then layered onto the Kraft card.  I attached the whole thing onto a white base card.   
On another piece of white card I stamped several images of cherries hanging from a branch and artichokes, and heat embossed them with gold powder.  I painted the images with Aqua Tints then fussy cut them.  I attached them to the card with dimensional glue.  I stained two wooden bird embellishments with Vintage Photo and attached them in the same way.  I stamped the sentiment in sepia Versafine ink on a piece of card that I had painted with Aqua Tint, and heat embossed with clear powder.  I then fussy cut it and matted onto Kraft card then fussy cut again.  To finish the design I attached the sentiment panel with dimensional glue.  I had an absolute blast creating this card,  these gorgeous colours are so warm and vibrant they can't fail to cheer you on a cold, wet winter's day!  I think this is a good worker card for a multitude of occasions and either male or female recipients.  It would also make a lovely piece of wall art too.   

8 comments:

  1. This is really stunning! I love the card and all the work you placed in this. The background is so cool! You really have a great layout and the highlighted the cherries and the plants in front-beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thank you so much for your comment and for visiting my blog :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Penny, a gorgeous, eye-catching project, lots of deatail, and great use of the challenge colours. I love the textured background with the hearts. Thanks so much for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judith, thank you very much, again this was a labour of love- the colours for this challenge are so gorgeous! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Penny, loving your fabulous card, your colouring and design are just wonderful, the texture adds so much interest and the background is brilliant, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly is a wonderful piece of art! You really should frame and hang this!
    You've got some fabulous texture and dimension in this card.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, thank you so much for your lovely comment! It will probably go on the wall somewhere in the house - maybe the kitchen :) Also thank you for visiting my blog :)

      Delete