Labels

Sunday 4 February 2024

Festive Canvas


          


  Hello and welcome to my blog :)   I want to share a mixed media canvas that I created for Christmas.  For this piece I chose an A4 canvas and painted it with a layer of white Gesso.  I created all the embellishments from Hearty Air Dry Clay, using several silicone moulds.  


                                         





What else would I choose to make the centrepiece of my festive canvas but Father Christmas himself!






I used Cadence paints to colour my artwork, choosing a nice apple green colour to paint the canvas as a background for this piece.  I used other colours of the paints on the embellishments as appropriate.  I wanted my artwork to appear old and distressed, so when I was happy with the colours and composition I painted the whole piece with a brown laser gel and wiped the excess gel off with a damp cloth, leaving some gel in the corners, nooks and crannies to replicate years of dust and dirt that would have got trapped there.  









I l I oved creating this artwork!  It is something I have wanted to do for a long time, and I am very pleased with the result.  
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today, I hope to see you here again soon  :)  




No comments:

Post a Comment