Labels

Tuesday 7 April 2020

Glorious Circles



Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I'm sharing one of my Chocolate Baroque samples today, a bright and cheery card.  I used stamps from the Glorious and Make your Mark sets; Distress Oxide inks, acrylic paints, CB Strip Stencil, black Versafine ink, clear EP, and a black pen from my stash.



I have several backgrounds in my stash from the second CB Craftalong and I chose one for this project.  It was made on a gelli plate using acrylic paints and a couple of stencils.  I used another stencil to add white gesso discs randomly over the background.  



 I stamped both circle images in black ink off the edges of the background and embossed them with clear EP.  I then stamped and embossed the floral sprig image in the center of the large circle and over one of the white discs, which will enable me to get a true colour when painting the flowers, which I did with DOs. 



On a white base card I stamped the 'dotty' image around the edges in first and second generation ink, then in another colour I did the same with the smaller circle image.  I trimmed the background panel, blended ink around the edges then added a free-hand line frame with a black pen.  




I stamped and embossed a sentiment in black onto a spare piece of white card.  I then trimmed the card to size, added ink around the edges and attached it to the card.




As I said this is a cheery little card that would suit a lot of occasions.  I had such a lovely time creating it and I think the colours really pop!
Thank you for dropping in  today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and maybe I've inspired you a little.  I hope to see you here again soon  :)  
   



2 comments:

  1. Oh how fabulous Penny, it's a wonderful card and so vivid, Love your design and the colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you so much for your lovely comment! I hope you are keeping safe and well hun xxx

      Delete