Labels

Wednesday 22 November 2017

Roses in Red



Hi and welcome to my blog  :)  I have a lovely floral card to share with you today.  It was one of my samples for some Chocolate Baroque tv shows earlier this year, and it is also being featured on the CB DT blog  http://chocolatebaroque.blogspot.co.uk/  as I am a guest designer there this month.  I have used CB stamps Floribunda Rose, Loving Sentiments, and Harlequin Rose sets; grey Versafine ink, Candied Apple Distress Ink, alcohol pens, gold marker pen, clear Sparkle pen; dies from my stash. 



I began this project by creating the focal panel.  I stamped the rose image in grey ink onto white card then coloured it in with alcohol pens.  I love using my pens as you can get such beautiful and varied results, depending on how much blending and shading you do.  When the colouring was finished I added some Sparkle pen to the netting in the background of the image then die cut it into a panel and added DI around the edges using the die as a stencil.  I added gold pen to the outside edges of the panel and matted it onto black card.   



On a white base card I stamped a single rose image in each corner using red DI.  I used a paintbrush and water to drag the ink through the image then added Sparkle pen.  I blended DI around the edges of the card. 



I added a sentiment in red DI at the bottom of the card then attached the panel.   




I really enjoyed creating this beautiful card, the focal image is so gorgeous and detailed that it doesn't need much more.  Roses are such beautiful flowers and are among my favourites, and these stamps are very lifelike.  This design would make a lovely all occasion card, and it can be tailored to suit the recipient by changing the colours.
Thank you very much for popping in today, I hope you have enjoyed this post and that you'll come back soon  :)  

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Penny, I'm always amazed by how intense your colours are and they are gorgeous here. Beautiful images and fabulous layout, love it all Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you so much for those lovely comments :) xx

      Delete