Labels

Friday 28 April 2017

Doorway to Colour





Hi and welcome to my blog  :)  I have another of my recent tv samples to share with you today featuring the Chocolate Baroque stencils.  I have used the Russian Spires and one of the Silhouette Palace stencils;  Distress inks, Brushos, gilding wax, gold pen; a sentiment stamp from the CB Words of Inspiration set; wood grain embossing folder from my stash, grey-board embellishments. 
  


I used linen textured card for the base card and die cut an arched door on the front half.  I then cut some Kraft card in the same die and embossed it in a folder.  I blended DI over the Kraft card to emphasise the pattern, then attached it to the card.  I added gold gilding wax to a couple of grey board embellishments and attached them to the door as hinges.  



I added a brad as a handle.  I then used the Silhouette Palace stencil across the top of the card front with DI.  I stamped the sentiment along the bottom of the card and blended DI around the edges.




On another piece of card I used black DI through the Russian Spires stencil.  I coloured the image with Brushos, let it dry then covered it with the matching mask.  I used watercolour ink to create a background and added turquoise Brusho.  I used gold pen onto another piece of card to create a mat for the focal panel, and attached it.




I attached the focal panel to the inside of the base card.  The idea is that you look through an old doorway to a castle.






I'm so pleased with the result of this design.  I had the idea for it but I wasn't sure that it would work - luckily it did!  I love the way the old door opens and you can look through the doorway to the colourful castle inside.  I love using Brushos, and I think they work so well in this design.  
Thank you for popping by today, I hope that you've enjoyed this post and I'll see you again soon  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Penny, absolutely love it, gorgeous design and brilliant creativity, fabulous colours as usual. The one you had on the show just blew my hair back, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you so much for that lovely comment! :) You'd better hold on to your hair lovey - there's more on the way! ;) xx

      Delete