Labels

Sunday 3 April 2016

Peacock in the Moonlight











Today I have another entry to the CB colour challenge to share http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/.   This is a design similar to one I have done before but using different stamps and colours, but I love the concept of a bird  with a big moon behind it and the garden bathed in moonlight.  I have used stamps from CB's Poppy Meadow, Tangled Peacock, and  Punky Flowers sets; Pebeo Dyna paints and H2o's; Majestic Blue Versafine ink; die cuts and an embossing folder.   I started with the background panel, and stamped the flowers across the bottom half of the panel in Vesafine ink then heat embossed them with clear powder.  Next I painted them with H2o's to give them a lustrous shimmer.  Then on a piece of black card I stamped and heat embossed the Peacock image as before.  I used Dyna  paints because they are iridescent and change colour depending on the light like real peacock feathers, and the colours I used work best on black card.  I have tried to show this by doubling up the photos using different lights. I then cut the peacock out, and repeated this process with the blossoms on the branch.   Next I took a piece of white Centura Pearl card  and die cut a circle, then I embossed it with clouds in a folder.  I sponged Dyna paints around the edges of the moon to emphasize the texture and add shadows.  I die cut some branches and a leafy swirl from black card, and painted the leaves.  I sponged the paint around the edges of the panel and matted it onto black card, then sponged paint around those edges.   On a piece of contrasting card I stamped an image of a peacock feather with Dyna paint around the edges to create a border then attached the background panel to it.  I then inked around the edges, and attached it to a base card.  Time to assemble the scene.  I attached the moon first, then the branches and Peacock, adding the extra blossoms to the branches.  I added the leafy swirl to one of the corners.   I love this card, and the way the paints seem to make the images 'glow'.  This is a lovely worker card suitable for lots of occasions. 

6 comments:

  1. This is exquisite. I love all the colours and the layout. Really pretty and shimmery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thank you very much :) I'm glad you like it - I wasn't sure if anyone else would like it because it is quite dark, so your lovely comment has made my day! :D

      Delete
  2. A super card Penny, beautiful use of the challenge colours, so dramatic! Love the card layout, and the shimmery paints are gorgeous in this deeper palette. Thanks for another stunning entry into the Chocolate Baroque challenge, you are on a roll! Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Judith, I wasn't sure if anyone would like this one as it is quite dark so I'm so pleased with your lovely comment! :) I have REALLY loved this colour combo and just had so many ideas! And the gorgeous CB stamps always make it easy to create something nice lol ;) xxx

      Delete
  3. Hello Penny, what a wonderful card, the colouring is so exotic, and just perfect for peacocks. Fabulous background stamping and stamps, I love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much Kate :) I just LOVE the Peacock stamps - as you may have noticed lol! ;) xx

      Delete