Labels

Sunday 29 November 2015

Birthday Hearts and Flowers





This is a card I made as a commission for a friend.  The only brief I had was that the recipient was 18, her name and that she liked the colour 'Sky Blue'.  This is an adaptation of a couple of designs I have done before with some personalisation added.  I have used 'Fluttering Hearts' stamp set by Chocolate Baroque, the Orchid set from Sheena Douglass' 'Little Bit Sketchy' series, a Crafters Companion embossing folder, Brilliance inks, Pebeo Dyna paints and glitter.  The base card is white and I stamped a corner floral image in each of the corners using sky blue ink then heat embossed them with clear powder.  I then painted the flowers, and edged the card with blue ink.  On another piece of white card I randomly stamped a heart image in silver ink, and a sentiment in blue.  I then embossed it in the folder and die cut it.  Keeping the die on the card I blended some blue ink around the the edges, then I removed the die and lightly brushed the very edges of the panel with silver ink.  I attached the panel to the base card.  On another piece of white card I stamped a bird and hearts image, and heat embossed in the same way.  I painted the image then fussy cut it out.  I added glitter, then attached the image to the card with dimensional glue.  Using a piece of sky blue card I die cut the personalised greeting and name, then sprayed the letters with 'Stick and Spray' and added glitter.  When they were dry I attached them to the card.  This is a very pretty design which could be used for several occassions in different colourways.  

No comments:

Post a Comment