Labels

Sunday 26 April 2015

Mother Love








This is a card that I made for my daughter to receive on Mother's Day.  I wanted to create something bright and cheerful, and my latest CB stamps were perfect.  I used Chocolate Baroque 'Fluttering Hearts' stamp set; Distress Inks Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, and Spiced Marmalade.  I also used a couple of dies and some alphabet stamps.  The base card is a white shaped card.  I used two of the stamps from the set to create a border around the edges of the card with DI's.  I also blended some inks around the edges to soften them.  I took a piece of white card and blended the three DI's onto it.  I then stamped the large heart all over the panel using second generation ink, turning the image for each stamping.  Next I die cut the panel and embossed it, then edged it with ink.  I die cut a piece of dark card slightly larger than the panel, embossed it, matted the panel onto it and layered it onto the card.  On another piece of white card I stamped the focal image in black Versafine ink and heat embossed it with clear powder.  I painted the image with H2O paints then cut it out. I added some dots of Liquid Pearls around the flower centres then glazed them.  I die cut some flowers and foliage out of the same card as the background panel, and edged them all with ink.  I stamped a sentiment onto the background panel with the alphabet stamps, then  attached the focal image and all the embellishments with dimensional glue.   I really like this cheerful design, I think it's a good worker card that could be used for lots of occasions.

1 comment: