Labels

Saturday 21 February 2015

A Spring Basket






This card is my second entry to the Crafter's Companion February Challenge, 'Add Some Bling'  https://www.facebook.com/CraftersCompanion.  I was fed up with the rain and the cold, and I had a whim to create something 'Spring like'.  Also I was eager to try one of my new 'Textures' embossing folders!   The stamps used are from Sheena Douglass' Flower Power set; the embossing folder is Basket Weave from the Textures collection at Crafter's Companion; the paints used are H2o's and Radiant Rains also from Crafter's Companion.  I also used Treasure Gold gilding wax Aquamarine, ribbons and skeleton leaves from my stash.  I started by cutting a piece of Kraft card to size and embossing it in the folder through a machine.  I decided to use the de-bossed side, adding some gilding wax around the edges and polishing it when dry.  I added a couple of ribbons to the panel, then attached it to a white base card.  I took a piece of dark brown, slightly textured card and cut it with a Nestability die, then added some gilding wax around the edges.   I then took a piece of Sheena's white stamping card and created a background by sponging Radiant Rains in green and yellow all over.  These paints have a lovely sheen to them when dry and are vibrantly colourful.   I cut the background  with another size of Nestability die and added Versafine Sepia ink to the edges.  I then stamped some foliage images using Sepia ink, and painted them with H2o's.  Next I matted the background panel onto the brown panel using 3D foam, and layered them onto the embossed panel.  I stamped several flower images onto the white card in sepia ink and heat embossed them in clear powder.  I painted them with H2o's before cutting them out and shaping them with a ball tool.  I also stamped, embossed, painted and cut out a large foliage swirl.  I added some glitter to the centres of the flowers, then attached them and the swirl to the card using dimensional glue.  A couple of skeleton leaves were the finishing touches to this card.  I love all the different textures I've used in this design, I think it's a great 'worker' card suitable for many occasions and various ages.   

No comments:

Post a Comment