This is a lovely card I made as a 'New Home' card. I am still really into the vintage/shabby chic style and wanted to use it in my design featuring the key to a new home and the start of a new chapter in life. The stamps I have used are from Chocolate Baroque's 'Key to my Dreams', and 'Mini Scripts sets. The inks used are Stormy Skies, Broken China, Dusty Concord and black Soot DI's. I started by creating the background panel, blending the blue and purple inks on to smooth white card, and shaped the panel by die cutting. I then splattered water randomly all over the panel and blotted it with kitchen paper, as a faux - bleaching effect. Next I stamped some script randomly over the panel in Broken China ink, and then stamped a crackle pattern around the edge in second generation black ink. I embossed a key pattern on to the panel using a folder through a machine, then blended black ink around the edges. I had decided to make a shaped card so I used a coordinating blue card and die cut it the same shape as the panel. Then I did the same with another piece of blue card, making the front and back.I stamped the same script randomly over the front blue panel and edged with black ink. I scored the back blue panel about 1cm from the top, folding it both ways to make a hinge for the card. I attached the front to the back with some strong double sided tape,then I attached the background panel to the front of the card. Using the same coloured card as the background I stamped the key and the lock images in black ink and heat embossed them with black powder. Next I cut them out and shaped them with a ball tool, then attached them to the card with dimensional glue. I had already threaded some fibres through the top of the key. I had also already made the flowers for a previous project but not used them, ( Autumn Butterfly) and they were perfect for this card. They are made from individual die cut flowers that I have stamped and layered up, using a self adhesive pearl for the centers. I attached them with dimensional glue. I then cut the sentiment out of the same card as the background using dies, and edged the words in black. I attached them with strong glue to the card. This is a lovely design and I think it would be suitable as an 18th or 21st birthday card as well, for male or female.