Labels

Friday 26 September 2014

Autumn's Eastern Promise





This card is another of my entries for the Chocolate Baroque colour challenge   http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/,  which I really enjoy playing along with as it makes me use colours and try out ideas that I may not usually try.  My inspiration for the colour scheme of this design came from a card by Debbie that I saw on the CB challenge blog, so I adapted it and created my design around it.  I already had the idea of  using the Peacock feather icons as leaves and the colour challenge colour swatch just screams Autumn, so the rest was easy (as they say).   The stamps I used are from the Peacock Parade, Christmas Flourish, and Spinney Design a Tree CB sets.   The inks I used are Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade, Brushed Corduroy, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain, and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks, and Vintage Sepia Versafine.  I also used clear and gold detail embossing powders, and Peach glitter.   I started by creating the main background panel, blending the two lighter brown inks onto smooth white card adding a little Scattered Straw to warm it up.  I took one of the Christmas tree images and spritzed it with water, then stamped across the panel-leaving a gap between each stamping- and blotted the images( faux bleaching).  This tree image is made up of a Baroque type pattern so needn't look too Christmassy.  I then stamped the image again using Rusty Hinge ink, stamping between the faux bleached images.  I repeated this process to cover the panel.  I added orange glitter to the coloured trees to highlight them.  To complete it I edged the panel with Walnut Stain DI.  Next I took  a piece of white card and blended the yellow and orange inks together.   I stamped the large and small Peacock Feather images repeatedly onto the card and heat embossed them with clear powder.  I then cut them out and shaped them with a ball tool.  I stamped the Spinney Tree onto a strip of acetate using Sepia ink and heat embossed with gold detail powder.  I attached the acetate to the panel using very strong double sided tape, attaching it on the back of the panel.  I matted the panel onto yellow card having edged the mat with Walnut Stain.  I then layered it onto an orange base card, again edging it with DI.   I attached decorative ribbon to the panel using tape over the acetate.  Next I added the leaves in a cascading pattern down the card with a few on the tree, attaching them with dimensional glue.   I stamped a sentiment from the CB Words of Inspiration set using Sepia ink on orange card and heat embossed with clear powder.  I cut it into a tag shape, blended orange and yellow inks onto the tag and edged it with Walnut Stain.  I threaded some of the same ribbon through the top, shaped the tag then attached it to the card with tape.  I think this lovely design is a great 'worker' - it would work for several occasions and for either male or female cards.   

4 comments:

  1. Ooo! another stunner Penny. Fabulous use of the stamped images and the tree looks amazing.
    Thank you for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Penny, beautiful rich colours and such creative use of those fabulous stamps too. Thanks so much for joining us at Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Penny, great use of the feathers as leaves, the card is so vibrant, and is so reminiscent of Autumn. Thanks for entering the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Fab colours and image, Penny. Truly stunning.
    Thank you for sharing your talent in Chocolate Baroque’s Third Colour Challenge. A new colour challenge has started. I hope you’ll join us again.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete