Labels

Sunday 16 March 2014

Return to Middle Earth


 




Another version of my 'Homage to Middle Earth', this time on canvass.  I have made two cards in this design, both for other people, so I decided to create a version for myself!  I have been dabbling with projects on canvass for a while now so I felt confident enough to transfer this design from card to canvass.  Instead of blending inks for the background I have used acrylic paints.  Then around the edges of the canvass I have tinted it with Walnut stain Distress ink.  The trailing ivy is stamped in Sepia Versafine along the top edge, down the sides and across the top of the hills.  The mountains are painted free hand, then some tiny pine trees are stamped with second generation ink to give the effect of being in the distance.  The corner flourish and the elvish script are stamped with flitter glue and guilding flakes added.  This technique is also used around the very edges of the canvass.  Glitter is applied in a few places to add highlights.  The door is stamped in sepia then coloured as before.  The large ivy leaves are stamped, cut out, glazed and shaped before being added to the cavass with dimensional glue.  The other leaves and foliage are die cut from card coloured with H2O's, shaped and embossed then added as before.  This was lots of fun to do, and I'm really pleased with the result.  AND I get to keep this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment